Enter to win tickets to see The Shins perform live on Letterman!
Share this Competwition
The Shins will perform live on The Tonight Show with David Letterman on March 20th. Enter here for a chance to win a pair of tickets to attend this live performance.
New Album "Port of Morrow" Available March 20th
Preorder and get "Simple Song" now: https://bitly.com/AeusIp
There are 40 prizes available in this Competwition.
How Competwition works:
- Entry is completely free - all you need is a Twitter account!
- When you enter you'll automatically follow @competwition and @theshins, and you'll automatically tweet the competwition prize details and a link to your followers - this will only happen once per entry.
- Oh, and if you happen to be picked by Competwition's random winner generator at the end of the competwition, @theshins will contact you via Twitter to let you know you've won some excellent booty!
The â€œThe Shins Twitter Ticket Giveaway: Live On Lettermanâ€
Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding its territories and possessions). Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the United States.
1. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the 50 United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void outside of the United States, and where prohibited, including, but not limited to, where taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers & directors of Sony Music Entertainment (â€œSponsorâ€), and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter.
2. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin on March 8, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. ET and will end on March 14, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. ET (â€œSweepstakes Periodâ€). You must be a member of the Twitter website to enter. You can become a member of the Twitter website by going to https://twitter.com/signup and providing your full name and email address and create a username and password. To enter the Sweepstakes, navigate to the Competwitionâ„¢ page for the Sweepstakes, follow the prompts and retweet the pre-populated message during the Sweepstakes Period (â€œSweepstakes Entryâ€).
Only entry per person. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Winner Selection and Prizes.
After 12:01 p.m. on March 14, 2012 Sponsor will conduct a series of random drawings from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Forty (40) Winners will each win a pair of passes to The Shinsâ€™ performance on Live on Letterman, scheduled to take place on March 20, 2012 in New York, NY. Transportation to and from the performance and New York City is not included in the prize.
Winners and their guests must be at least eighteen (18) years old as of March 8, 2012. If Winner or guest is under the age of majority in the state in which he or she resides, then such individual must obtain permission of his or her parent or legal guardian. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions provided that the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part for a prize of equal or greater value in the event that any component of the Prize is unavailable for any reason. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or transferred. Prizes do not include any additional expenses, including, but not limited to incidentals, meals, telephone charges, travel insurance, souvenirs, transportation, federal, state and local sales or other taxes and surcharges which are the responsibility of each winner.
Approximate combined retail value of all prizes is Eight Hundred Dollars ($800.00). The approximate retail value of the prizes represents Sponsorâ€™s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prizes turns out to be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
The winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within two (2) calendar days of prize notification. If the winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The winnerâ€™s accompanying guest must also sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release prior to being ticketed or within such other period as Sponsor may specify. The winnerâ€™s accompanying guest cannot be changed after the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release is received. If the winner or the winnerâ€™s accompanying guest is under the age of majority, the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release must be signed and submitted by their parent or legal guardian.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. The Winners will be selected in a series of random drawings beginning on March 14, 2012. The drawings will take place at the executive offices of Columbia Records, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10022. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by telephone or email and if a winner cannot be contacted within one (1) calendar day of first notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. Conditions. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winnerâ€™s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner and winnerâ€™s travel companion regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winner, and winnerâ€™s travel companion agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded including, but not limited to due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
6. Additional Terms. In the case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. â€œAuthorized Account Holderâ€ is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit oneâ€™s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participantâ€™s or any other personâ€™s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsorâ€™s representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Winner Identification. To obtain a list of Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 14, 2012 to: Columbia Records, 550 Madison Avenue, Rm. 2664, New York, New York 10022, Attention: â€œThe Shins Twitter Ticket Giveaway: Live on Lettermanâ€ Sweepstakes Winnersâ€™ List.
9. Sponsor. Sony Music Entertainment, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10022.